Senior Manager, Software EngineerPostuler ID de l'offre R71071 Date de publication 05/14/2019 Lieu Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Since the inception of the Capital One Canada’s Software Studio in 2014, we’ve grown from having a couple of engineers to over 200. We’re constantly on the look-out for technology enthusiasts that are looking to make a difference in the world of Credit Cards. We’re obsessed about doing the right thing and finding innovative solutions to better service our customers.
We have multiple teams working on exciting projects that are looking for passionate and driven Software Engineers. As a Software Engineer at Capital One, you’ll have the opportunity to learn, design and build software products from the ground up. We’re always hiring great talent and we’ll match you to a team where you’ll be able to make a positive impact and grow both personally and professionally.
As an example of some of the projects we’ve worked on:
- Leading 1-3 team(s) of 5+ engineers with the goal of building digital solutions to humanize the world of credit cards for millions of Canadians
- Provide feedback, career coaching and participate in talent and succession planning
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside of the box thinking, teamwork, self-organization and diversity
- Leading the craftsmanship, availability, resilience and scalability of applications within the Software Studio
- Bring passion to stay on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technology
- At least 10 years of experience as a hands-on software engineer preferably using Java/Python or other object-oriented programming languages
- At least 10 years of experience with application and/or data design, architecture and development
- At least 5 years of experience leading a team within an agile environment
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in a technical role
- 10+ years of experience with application data design, architecture and development
- Experience leading multiple teams (2-3 teams consisting of 5+ associates)
- Experience working in a financial/tech industry
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).